Signals that tell me I am ready to start meditating.
Among so many daily tasks that someday we choose to carry out, there is very important work that we have to do, and it has nothing to do with the outside world.. and it is internalize, that is a experience we have with ourselves.
Internalize is a daily and inadvertent task in most cases in wich we connect, relate and link our past experiences with present ones and produce an update of ourselves, which includes projecting into the future.
Taking distance from all identification with some special part of ourselves, appreciated or hated, as well as suspended all external requirement in our minds is a basic condition that will allow us to know ourselves more deeply
Here are some signals that we can recognize and stimulate in our daily practice that we usually call Meditation, retreat, rest, nap o nothing.
- Feel the air pass through our nostrils
- I can perceive the parts of my body ( forehead, chest, toes, etc)
- I feel the air push my abdomen (through the diaphragm)
- I distinguish four states in my breathing: inspiration, full lungs, exhalation, empty lungs.
- I can observe my thoughts without paying attention... that is, without identifying with them.
These five signals will help us to be sure that we are looking inside our. We can also say that in some way that we do not understand well... we are in the presence of the Self
Comments
Post a Comment